The United States Government through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), in partnership with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and Underwriters Laboratories (UL) are collaborating to strengthen ASEAN science and technology capacity and gender equality and improvement through the annual ASEAN-U.S. Science Prize for Women. The 2020 Prize will provide promising, ASEAN-based, early- to mid-career female scientists with recognition awards from ASEAN and the US Government for their academic and professional achievements.
The ASEAN-U.S. Science Prize for Women 2020 supported by UL focuses on the theme of The Preventive Healthcare.
The prize seeks to award two talented, early career women from the ASEAN region working in applied science.
The top two finalists will consist of one first prize winner that will receive a USD 20,000 award and one honorable mention that will receive a USD 5,000 award.
- Deadline of submission: 11:59 pm GMT +7 (Extended to 14 February 2020).
- Announcement of national finalists: 20 March 2020
- Announcement of two regional finalists: April 2020
- Judging session (head to head pitch competition): June 2020
- Award Ceremony: October 2020
For more info and registration visit https://asean.usmission.gov/yseali/yseali-professional-fellows/