The Australia ASEAN Emerging Leaders Program (A2ELP) is a three month leadership program for 15 social entrepreneurs from ASEAN and Australia. The program includes: pre-program education, a eight-day intensive program in Ho Chi Minh City, Jakarta and Singapore, including workshops, networking events, field visits, cultural activities, and support for implementation.
The 2019 A2ELP has the theme of “Smart Cities”.
A2ELP is designed to:
- Enhance the leadership potential of participants;
- Strengthen and expand people-to-people, professional, and institutional networks between Australia and Southeast Asia, and
- Showcase contemporary Australian and Southeast Asian creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- A2ELP is an Australian Government initiative and a flagship program for the Australia-ASEAN Council (AAC), with co-funding contributions from Australia now ASEAN 2019 at the Department of Foreign
- Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The A2ELP is implemented by Asialink, at The University of Melbourne.
Over a three-month period, participants will:
- build knowledge of scalable and sustainable business models to achieve long-term change
- develop skills to engage a range of stakeholders
- receive training in cultural intelligence and lean start-up methodology
- participate in networking events and field visits to innovative social ventures in Southeast Asia
- discuss the latest thinking and ideas in social impact with academic experts and industry leaders
- foster connections with participants through peer mentoring exercises and alumni engagement
Participants will travel to Southeast Asia from 10-17 August, 2019, for an eight-day intensive program in Ho Chi Minh City, Jakarta and Singapore.
For more information visit: https://asialink.unimelb.edu.au/asialink-dialogues-and-applied-research/programs/A2ELP