Yayasan Ekosistim Nusantara Berkelanjutan (EcoNusa Foundation) is a nonprofit organization aiming to boost up various local initiatives of Tanah Papua at national and international levels in a bid to provide support to a sustainable and equal management of natural resources in Indonesia.
EcoNusa Foundation founded on July 21, 2017 In Jakarta. EcoNusa encourages the development and capacity building of civil society organizations to perform advocacy, campaign, communication, stakeholder engagement and dialogue among stakeholders to meet natural resources management in a sustainable manner while promoting equality, conservation and transparent values. To achieve its mission, EcoNusa conducts several programs under four main themes: Local Community Resilience, Policy Advocacy, the Eastern Indonesia Communication Hub, and Local Economy Development.
DEFINITION OF JOB
The Communications Officer reports to the Communications Manager, is a member of the organization’s team, and is responsible for teamwork and support communications programs in Tanah Papua. The Communications Officer connects Econusa with the public through visual and verbal storytelling, designs informative and creative communications pieces, delivers public presentations, and works to expand and diversify our support base. This position will help to establish and implement communications objectives in Tanah Papua ; develop, edit and share content. The right candidate will exhibit strong writing and interpersonal skills and will have the ability to interpret scientific concepts and conservation strategies for a varied audience. Possessing a good eye for visual presentation and design will also be a valuable characteristic demonstrated by the ideal candidate.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Content Creation and Public/Media Outreach
- Write & Distribute content such as annual print newsletter, monthly email campaigns, weekly blog, and timely videos.
- Design and prepare content collateral, press releases, reports, and presentations.
- Develop engaging materials and tools to drive support for Econusa programs.
- External events and represents Econusa as needed in Tanah Papua.
Serve as first point of contact at Econusa , via managing main phone and firstname.lastname@example.org email account.
- Develop positive relationships with media and respond to media inquiries.
Work with outside consultants and resources to place op-eds, stories and articles in a variety of publications.
Development and Organizational
- Contribute to long-term planning with management team and board to increase impact.
- Prepare reports for donors.
- Manage contacts database.
- Participate in programmatic work and contribute to organizational activities as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of communications strategy and implementation experience in Tanah Papua including strong experience with digital media, social media, web design, publishing and partner relationship management tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Familiarity with NGO works, wildlife management, large-landscape scale conservation and citizen science.
- Passionate about conservation, wildlife, volunteerism, connecting people to nature.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Ability to contribute positively within a collaborative team environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to experiment to attain new, better strategies, approaches, work products and solutions to challenges.
- Willing to travel to remote areas
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Experience working in a nonprofit or philanthropic organization (conservation/wildlife especially).
• Writing, WordPress, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including a desired salary) to email@example.com by January 19, 2020 with subject line Communication Officer Papua Based.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.