Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation with a presence in over 40 countries around the globe. Islamic Relief Worldwide is a UK based International relief. We have been fighting poverty and injustice for 30 years, in a world in which over three billion people still live in poverty.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia was operational since 2003 following the MOU signing with the Ministry of Home Affairs. The objective of IRW in Indonesia programme is to contribute to the social welfare of the Indonesia people and to alleviate the suffering. The main sector for the programme include:
- Water and Sanitation
- Sustainable livelihood
- Child Welfare
- Health and Nutrition
- Disaster Risk Reduction
The geographical areas are Banten, NTB, Aceh and Central Sulawesi province directly implementing or through partners.
Post holder reports to : Livelihood Programme Manager
Responding to the transition phase from emergency to recovery, Islamic Relief through its implementing partner KONSEPSI is currently providing humanitarian assistance through various sectors, one of which is economic recovery of through improvement of livelihood intervention by providing supply restocking, inputs, tools and equipment to small traders, food artisans, farmers, agribusiness, creative economy and business incubation center for youth.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop the social enterprise or cooperative/ microfinance for women and youth survivor in the affected areas. Re-build around 300 community businesses back as part of an early recovery scheme after the earthquake, tsunami and liquefaction
1. Under the guidance of the Livelihood Program Manager, carry out activities implementation in the respective region of the operation area.
2. Conduct training needs assessment for organized youth groups for business planning and market analysis Provide weekly and monthly activity plans and ensure its full implementation under the guidance of the Program Manager.
3. In liaison with the community leaders, local authorities and the beneficiaries, ensure that livelihood interventions are well understood with full participation.
4. Support and supervise community groups and ensure working relationship.
5. Ensure transparent, gender consideration in the selection of the Women
6. Ensure that the village relief committees are regularly visited and provide regular feedback from the community and the beneficiaries.
7. Ensure close contacts with the community elders and local authorities in the operation area.
8. Liaise directly with communities, elders and local authorities, as well as other agencies operational in the project locations regularly to ensure coordination and effective implementation of activities.
9. Ensure implementation of projects is in conformity with donor guidelines and procedures.
10. Identify trouble areas with the project implementation process and notify all relevant office
11. Maintain strong linkage with partners and provide advocacy support as needed
COMPETENCIES: Essential qualifications, skills and experience
1. University Degree in international development, economics, social sciences, or related field, or equivalent work experience
2. Minimum 4 years of experience working within development or humanitarian aid sectors - Experience in Community Based Social Enterprise, Grameen and or Sharia microfinance.
3. Experienced individuals in establishing a non-cash cash transfer mechanism.
4. Understand and be committed to the implementation and fulfillment of the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS)
5. Having experience using e-money and EDC machines in providing humanitarian assistance. Prioritiy will be given to Individual who has experience in implementing an MBICT4D (Market Banking, Information, and Communication Tehcnology for Disaster) approach.
6. Own the experience of building cooperation with banks and traders / vendors.
Strong interest in development work with respect for confidentiality and commitment to Islamic Relief overall aims and objectives, including gender, equality and equal opportunities in all aspects of Islamic Relief’s work.
Islamic Relief is a faith based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project.
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted..
The deadline for submitting applications is: 11 March 2019