Yayasan KNCV Indonesia is a newly established non-profit organisation that aims to be a strong local and self-sustaining organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB) in Indonesia. Yayasan KNCV Indonesia promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in Indonesia. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the TB epidemic and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Currently Yayasan KNCV Indonesia is looking for a:
The Technical Officer for TB – DGIS Project will provide technical assistance to support the implementation and monitoring of the diagnostic effort, cartridge utilization and (interim) treatment outcomes during the first year of rapid Xpert and PMDT scale-up , to allow targeted supervision and support by NTP and Yayasan KNCV Indonesia.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Technical Assistance
- Provide technical assistance to provincial health offices (PHO) and partners and possibly to district health office in the implementation of PMDT site expansion and Xpert optimization with several intended activity, such as:
- Provide TA to establish new PMDT site and ensuring the site is meet the standard of PMDT quality care.
- Provide TA on Xpert utilization by ensuring the new algorithm is implemented, and the sputum transport mechanism is established.
- Provide TA to PMDT sites to improve the DR TB case holding, and interim treatment outcomes.
- Coordinate with PHO / DHO and PMDT sites to ensure that ex DR TB patient group is established and function.
- Facilitate the training of interdisciplinary teams and patient support groups at PMDT sites in provision of patient centered care and psychosocial treatment support to ensure treatment uptake and adherence among MDR-TB patients.
- Identify problem(s) of the implementation of GF TB grants through providing quality TA, particularly in PMDT and Xpert areas.
- Participate in the regular coordination meetings with the PHO and DHO (if required).
- Provides input to KNCV strategy by providing district context information.
- Initiates and facilitates discussions with regards to TO – TB work on the district level.
- Develops and maintains personal knowledge in the technical areas related to his/her work.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Educational Qualification
- Medical Doctor/Officer preferably with a NGO background, a degree in public health, epidemiology or comparable qualification.
- Non-civil servant.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in Public health/medical science or management, preferably in health/TB control program.
- Excellence communication and negotiation skills.
- Preferably with knowledge in Project Management and TB program.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office.
- Good English.
- Ability to create a supportive working environment amongst all staff.
- Ability to work as part of multi-cultural team and independently.
- Motivated and willing to learn and implement new ways of working.
- Accurately follow the organizational procedures and regulations.