Save the Children in Indonesia is changing for the better. We've begun to build a national organization that aims to be a strong, local, and self-sustaining voice for children in Indonesia. To this end, SC Indonesia has been designated as a Member. As Member, Indonesia has been identified as part of the next way of new member development, which focuses on strengthening and localizing our voice for children in strategic middle income countries. Indonesia has been authorized by member ballot to start fundraising locally as a first step towards building a financially sustainable local organization. Future work will also involve developing a strong local governance structure and building key partnerships with local government, the private sector, local civil society among others.
MEAL OFFICER – BISA PROJECT
1 Position in Kupang, NTT
BISA – Better Investment for Stunting Alleviation - is an integrated nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive programme in 2019-2023. The name ‘BISA’ reflects the broad context of nutrition in Indonesia: whilst the level of national and political commitment is high, and resources have been committed to addressing the high rates of stunting and undernutrition, the operationalization and application of these plans and funds at sub national level is challenging. What is needed is ‘better investment’: using resources better, developing and operationalizing policies more effectively, and delivering evidence-based, cost-effective, and sustainable interventions at the household and community levels. BISA aims to reduce stunting by improving the nutritional status of adolescent girls, women of reproductive age, and children under the age of two (CU2) across two Provinces –East Nusa Tenggara and West Java.
Save the Children and Nutrition International are in strategic partnership to deliver this programme, building on our experience and evidence, existing networks and relationships at the community, District, Provincial, and National levels in Indonesia to implement key intervention for the first 1000 Day HH as well as adolescent nutrition. BISA supports the Government of Indonesia (GoI) commitments for stunting reduction, as stated in National Strategy to Accelerate Stunting Reduction 2018-2024, as well as the follow up guidelines (Technical Guidance for Integrated Interventions for Stunting Reduction for district down to village level).
The MEAL OFFICER will ensure the development & implementation of a MEAL system according to SCI standards, will build capacity of staffs, strategic, implementing partners if any to have adequate MEAL knowledge and skills to ensure availability and quality of data that support project staffs and management to improve project intervention/strategies, analysis and reporting. In addition, the post holder will be Area MEAL focal point with the donor and stakeholders.
The post holder shares the accountability to build the most positive and affirming work environment possible and ensure that the management, staffing and culture of the organization are suitably aligned with the mission, evolving goals and strategic ambitions aligned with the Membership Accountability Framework.
The post holder will ensure that learnings from the project are documented and shared to improve the quality of interventions, and that community accountability mechanisms are established and maintained in all project sites. In close collaboration with other sectors, the post holder will contribute to quality of report that required data of beneficiaries, project’s KPI, assessment/research/ evaluation, case studies all projects met the expected standards and quality benchmarks. In collaboration with Communication
Department and Program Managers, he/she will contribute quality communication materials that provide valid and accountable data and information which met the communication standard, respect and focused to the best interests of children. He/she will also ensure quality and timely implementation of MEAL activities in line with the overall planning framework, and in compliance with Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik and donor policies and procedures.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Master degree is preferable)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3 years work experience with non-governmental organizations, and experience in managing M&E for Chid Right Program (health, nutrition, road side safety, child protection, inclusive education, youth education, child right business principles and child right governance)
- Proven experience in implementing monitoring and evaluation methodology, able touse statistical analysis, experimental design, sampling methodology, and/or data collection and analysis for program improvement and reporting.
- Proven ICT skills, and experience in management database as well as using various technology including mobile, GIS and data analysis software, such as SPSS.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead team work as well as to develop and maintain strong relationships project staffs and beneficiaries.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Experience building organizational capacity in monitoring and evaluation and/or training individuals in monitoring and evaluation;
- Ability to design system and application requirements based on users output requirements.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia
Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its values
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse
To apply for this position, please click and go to our career site on :
Closing date for application is up to 19 February 2020
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Please visit our website for more info https://www.stc.or.id/join-us/ karir