Save the Children in Indonesia is changing for the better. We've begun to build a national organization that aims to be a strong, local, and self-sustaining voice for children in Indonesia. To this end, SC Indonesia has been designated as a “Prospect Member”. As ‘Prospect Member’ Indonesia has been identified as part of the next way of new member development, which focuses on strengthening and localizing our voice for children in strategic middle income countries. Indonesia has been authorized by member ballot to start fundraising locally as a first step towards building a financially sustainable local organization. Future work will also involve developing a strong local governance structure and building key partnerships with local government, the private sector, local civil society among others. Success of the pilot phase will set the Indonesia on a pathway to full membership. We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Community Engagement Manager - Sulawesi
2 (two) position based in Palu and North Donggala
The Community Engagement Manager is primarily responsible for community engagement and coordination of programming in a field site coverage area. The post holder line manages Community Coordinators who work with field sector program teams to ensure an integrated multi sectoral program of activities in each priority village. The post holder will also oversee the Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) function at field office level and support analysis from feedback mechanisms and monitoring data to enhance operational learning by linking findings to decision making at all levels. They ensure community engagement and coordination is cohesive across the field area for all program sectors and play a key role in program development, working with the national PDQ team to ensure community needs are reflected in proposals. It is envisaged that the Community Engagement Manager lead sub district coordination and acts as a deputy to the Senior Field Manager when delegated.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
Educated to Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English both verbal and written.
- Minimum of five years’ experience managing teams in humanitarian preparedness/DRR and response in complex contexts
- Extensive programming knowledge and experience in at least 2 of YSTCs core response program sectors. (Education, Child Protection, Nutrition, FSL, Shelter, WASH)
- On the ground experience in multi-sector humanitarian response, including cash transfer programs
- Demonstrable experience of Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning, beneficiary accountability and feedback mechanisms.
- Experience of working at the village level to engage and support the Musrenbang process.
- Program development experience and knowledge of key donor regulations
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an both national and international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments
- Previous experience of project management, including multi sector programmes
- Budget management experience including institutional donors
- Security management experience in insecure environments
- Field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with another NGOs/UN
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports in English
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Commitment to the values and principles of YSTC. In particular, a good understanding of the YSTC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Experience of delivering large scale institutional donor programmes (OFDA, DFID, ECHO, DEC)
- Knowledge of Save the Children's global practices and procedures and ways of working with children
- National level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Media trained
- Experience in disaster risk reduction programming
To apply for this position, please click the link HERE
Closing date for application is up to April 19th , 2019
Please visit our site for more detail: