The Managing Agency of Endowment Fund for Education (Lembaga Pengelola Dana Pendidikan, known as LPDP) has recently launched the RISPRO International Collaboration (RISPRO-KI). The objective of the scheme is mainly to accelerate the national invention through international research collaboration. The transformation of collaboration outcome from “Co-authorship to Co-invention” becoming a target of this scheme.
The Indonesian Science Fund (Dana Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia, known as DIPI) has recently been appointed as RISPRO’s delivery partner who has responsible for RISPRO-KI grant management which are call for proposal process, selection process, monitoring and evaluation. Based on this assignment, DIPI together with LPDP launched the 2020 RISPRO International Collaboration Call.
The call aims to provide grants for research in the following focus areas:
- Advance material or nanotechnology, and
Competitive research grants of up to three years and IDR 2 billion per-year (max) will be offered for researchers from Indonesia to pursue high-quality scientific research projects. The funder aims to support fundamental, frontier, and excellent research including technology innovation in the above three focus areas of importance to Indonesia’s future.
For this 2020 Research Call, Principal Investigators applying for the grants are required to be of Indonesian nationality and based in Indonesia. Domestic and international collaborations between researchers and their institutions are prerequisite, as are interdisciplinary projects. The Principal Investigator should demonstrate the ground-breaking nature, ambition and feasibility of his or her scientific proposal. Proposals of an interdisciplinary nature — which cross the boundaries between different fields of research, pioneering proposals addressing new and emerging fields of research, or proposals introducing unconventional, innovative approaches and scientific inventions — are encouraged.
The procedure for evaluating applicants’ qualifications will emphasize the individual’s scientific ability and creativity, the innovativeness of the research approaches, and the potential of the project, if successful, to have a significant impact on the field.
The expected results of the research must be eligible for publication in highly reputable scientific journal, high economy values patent, proven technology/prototype, and/or social engineering model.
Online proposal submission begins : February 17th, 2020.
Deadline for proposal submission : June 25th, 2020, at 5.00 PM Jakarta time (WIB).
WHO CAN APPLY?
Proposals may be submitted by public legal RTD (Research and Technology Development) entities, such as:
- Public Research and Development Institutions
- Higher Education Institutes (Private Universities)
- Private sector /Non –Government Organization with R&D Capabilities
- The participation of SMEs, industries and clusters in consortia are recommended.
Applicants eligible in submitting the proposal should:
- PI should be Indonesian and based in Indonesia.
- PI should hold the Phd or Doctoral degree and not in the on-going advance study, academic recharging or post-doctoral course.
- PI has the international partner / collaboration which is must be put in the application and later if the proposal successful must be stated in the cooperative agreement.
- PI may submit only one proposal for one period
- PI should has at least 3 publication as 1st author in the international journal with minimum Q2 Scopus index that relevant with the topic of proposed research proposal
- The research proposal will be evaluated based on the existing review mechanism of the RISPRO’s Partner that agreed by LPDP. Successful proposal will receive funding under the RISPRO-KI scheme (LPDP).
Project proposals are to be submitted electronically to:
Deadline is June 25 2020 at 17:00 Jakarta time
All proposals must be written in English only.