AT OXFAM WE WON’T LIVE WITH POVERTY
Together we can end extreme poverty for good. Will you join us?
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
All our work is led by three core values:
Empowerment. Everyone, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
Accountability. We take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
Inclusiveness. We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Oxfam in Indonesia is currently seeking qualified candidates to support the organization responding to earthquake and tsunami in Central Sulawesi;Oxfam – Calling for :
Senior Food Security & Vulnerable Livelihood Officer (EFSVL Officer) – Sulawesi Emergency Response.
To enable Oxfam to asses, analyse and determine the decision quickly the Food Security & Livelihood requirements of an emergency or crisis. The work may involve in preparedness and intervention to the emergency stage, and of all its interventions to meet humanitarian needs, and minimum humanitarian standards
Essential: Bachelor degree in social, agriculture, economic, or any discipline relating to food security and livelihood. Experiences in managing food security & livelihood could substitute for a formal qualification.
- Two years experience in food security, livelihood, and community mobilisation including using modalities of Emergency Food Security vulnerable Livelihood (EFSVL).
- Good understanding about urban issues especially in relation to humanitarian sector
- Good understanding about humanitarian works linking with market and technology
- Experience in managing response using SPHERE standard with strong reference to humanitarian principle and code of conduct of RedCross and NGOs in disaster relief
- Good understanding and Experience on EMMA, PCMA, Cash Transfer Programming and Household Economic Approach.
- Sensitivity, diplomacy, tact, good communication skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities.
- Experience in working with local organisation / partners and dealing with problem solving
- Well developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding solutions.
- Good administrative skills in order to work with people at managerial and, on occasions, senior government levels. The post holder should also be at ease in working with local people.
- The ability to present concise reports, sometimes a short notice, reflecting the problems and possible solutions for particular situations.
- Good understanding on building resilience and DRR/CCA principles, approach, and practices
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian programmes
- Flexibility, willingness to travel at short notice, over the course of the deployment, and to work in difficult circumstances.
- Good understanding of humanitarian protection standard, Sphere Minimum Standards, gender issues and Code of conduct.
- A commitment to the aims and objectives of Oxfam International
- Sensitivity to working within a divided society and to political, religious or social tensions.
- Demonstrated experience of integrated gender and diversity issues into food security programmes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both Indonesian and English.
- Computer literacy
- Previous working experience with Oxfam or INGO.
- Experience in emergency relief and DRR programmes.
- Mature and professional attitude and approach.
- Good understanding of health and nutrition will be advantageous
RESPONSIBILITIES: Part of Technical support team
- To provide technical leadership of EFSVL works in Indonesia in cross division of Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPR) and Resilience Building (DRR/CCA) in line with Oxfam policies and agreed standards (SPHERE, ARR Global Indicator, OI EFSVL Competency Framework, etc).
- To develop EFSVL Strategic Paper for Indonesia that reflects an integrated approach in preparedness, response, as well as resilience building (DRR/CCA).
- To explore innovative EFSVL modalities to enhance OXFAM work in preparedness, response, and resilience building including to scale up and integrate urban preparedness into urban (city) resilience
- To carry out internal and external representation of OXFAM in Indonesia in EFSVL sector including in technical EFSVL working group and coordination with external parties and internal OXFAM within affiliates, EFSVL regional/global advisors.
- To explore modalities of public private partnership in enhancing emergency preparedness and response and resilience building,
- To carry out campaign and advocacy role as relation to EFSVL sector
- To promote the integration of gender within the EFSVL modalities with specific focus to the women rights.
Part of partners liaison
In line with various projects implemented by Partners, the work will be around
- To Create enabling environment for smooth project communication between partners and Oxfam budget holders Emergency that will include:
- Socialization of Oxfam project outcomes to align and balance with partners interest and mission
- Capturing partners’ concern and suggestion for better partnership management
- To Provide support on project Implementation and Monitoring through:
- Tools development including activities and outcome indicator setting
- Regular supervision on project activities implementation
- Partners capacity mapping and developing capacity building plan
- Technical capacity building delivery based on capacity building plan
- Linking resources to fulfil capacity building need from outside Oxfam
- MEAL Support will be needed to be able functioning the JP.
Expression of Interest If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please do apply by sending your complete resume and mention the code of the position on the subject of the email to email@example.com and Cc. to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date: February 14th, 2019