Forest Programme III (FP III) is a newly established project under the Ministry of Environment and Forestry (MoEF) with co-financing from the German Federal Ministry of Economic Development Cooperation (BMZ) through Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau / Entwicklungsbank (KfW). FP III started in January 2017 and is planned for an overall duration of seven (7) years.
FP III is located in the Province of Central Sulawesi. The programme intervention area located in and around the Lore Lindu National Park (TNLL), with the surrounding watersheds of Palu and Hulu-Lariang being the focal area for intervention. The project office is located at the city of Palu.
The specific objective of this Programme (programme goal) is the implementation of a collaborative integrated management of the Lore Lindu landscape and therewith supporting Indonesia in strategy development and implementation of measures regarding conservation of biodiversity and watersheds in the framework of the national REDD+ Strategy in Central Sulawesi.
The project includes four Outputs: 1. Biodiversity conservation management: Supporting the management of Lore Lindu National Park (TNLL) 2. Watershed Development: Improvement and rehabilitation of the upper watersheds of the Lore Lindu landscape 3. Livelihoods improvement in the target communities 4. Support cooperation for research in the areas of biodiversity, land use and climate.
The Directorate General of Natural Resources Conservation and Ecosystem (Dirjen KSDAE) is responsible for the execution of the Programme as the Programme Executing Agency (PEA) in cooperation with related directorates under Watershed Management and Protection Forests (Ditjen PDASHL) and Social Forestry and Environmental Partnership (Ditjen PSKL). The implementation is accompanied by a team of National and International Consultants (IC)
To complete the Consulting team, FP III is looking for a qualified Indonesian candidate to fill the vacant position as;
National Park Management and Biodiversity Conservation Specialist
She/He will hold the responsibilities as follows:
- Lead on the process of participatory zone delineation.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of a program to support resort-based management in Lore Lindu.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of a training programme for Lore Lindu staff.
- Manage the process of identifying and rehabilitating priority degraded forest areas within the Park.
- Support the mediation of priority existing conflicts in line with national park management priority Contribute to the development of outreach and promotion strategies for the National Park.
- Contribute to the analysis and the improvement of conflict resolution mechanism through national park management
- Improve identification measures and database management on biodiversity
- Analyse, prioritize and formulate a strategy of biodiversity management in supporting park management.
- Provide documents needed for DIPA accomplishment including developing ToR and its budget estimation in the field of park management and biodiversity conservation (including human wildlife conflict).
- to conduct other tasks as assigned by Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) i.e, active participation in meetings/workshops/conferences with Counterparts and moderations of workshops when needed.
She/He should have a High Profile in presenting her/his professional experiences, educational backgrounds and other professional competences as required;
- Graduate or post-graduate university degree in forestry or natural resource management or other discipline related to the role of the expert;
- 5-15 years of Professional work experience relevant to the role of the expert supporting technical project implementation and in development cooperation/ donor-funded projects in the natural resource management or community development field.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant GoI policies and regulations, including local Governments
- Excellent knowledge of GoI financial regulations and mechanisms
- As National expert, oral and written proficiency in Indonesian is considered mandatory, proficiency in English will be the basis of scoring.
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Very good human skills to interact;
- Focused, proactive and positive working attitude;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a global team;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to encourage collaboration with other programs, international offices, and partners;
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high quality work products;
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- Availability to travel within project sites and to central level when needed.
Duty Station: Palu, Central Sulawesi
Expected Starts Date: as soon as possible
Duration of assignment: 12 months
Reports to: Appointed Direct Supervisor and Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) Forest Programme III – Sulawesi in Palu.
If you are the Expert that we looking for, kindly please submit your application letter and comprehensive resume (including latest photograph and list of minimum 3 (three) references) to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org