The British Embassy (BE) in Jakarta is now accepting concept notes for the 2018/2019 financial year (April 2018 to March 2019).
This year the BE is seeking to support ASEAN projects that focus on the following themes:
- Human Rights – such as modern slavery (e.g. human trafficking), girls’ education, and combating illegal wildlife trade.
- Security and Stability – including but not limited to countering violent extremism & terrorism, countering weapons proliferation, countering illegal migration, securing cyberspace, ensuring safe return of refugees, humanitarian assistance and disaster recovery, and supporting the Rules Based International System.
- Economy and Innovation – including but not limited to market and trade reform to support free trade, energy policy and regulatory reform to support a low carbon economy, and international science collaboration to tackle global challenges such as anti-microbial resistance and oceans.
- We are particularly interested in concept notes which aim to work together with ASEAN institutions to achieve progress on any of the themes stated above on an ASEAN-wide scale.
- Projects are funded for a single financial year running from 15 July 2018 to 31 March 2019, with no expectation of continued funding beyond this period. Preference may be given to projects due to be completed by the end of December 2018.
- Minimum budget limit: £20,000
- Maximum budget limit: £40,000
Bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Alignment with the above mentioned thematic priorities and outcomes
- Outcomes are achievable within the funding period
- Project design includes clear monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Sustainability demonstrating that project benefits continue after the funding ends
- Risk and financial accountability procedures
- The organisation’s safeguarding policies that ensure protection of beneficiaries
- Overall value for money
- Concept notes must be received by midnight on Wednesday 6 June. Late concept notes will not be considered.
- Concept notes must be submitted using the attached form only.
- Concept notes must be submitted to Adlini.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Concept notes selected for further consideration will be notified on Friday, 8 June. Successful bidders will be asked to work their concept up to a full proposal for submission (Project Proposal and
- Activity Based Budget).
- Full proposals (Proposal and Activity Based Budget) are required by midnight on Friday, 15 June for final funding decision.
- Successful Project proposal for funding will be announced by Friday, 29 June.
- BE aims to sign grant agreements with successful project implementers by Friday, 13 July.
Adlini Sjah, Assistant Political Officer, Adlini.Sjah@fco.gov.uk
Harry MacDonald, Head of Political Section (External), Harry.Macdonald@fco.gov.uk